150g unsalted butter
50g dark chocolate (minimum 85% cocoa)
150ml double cream
150g inulin powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g unsweetened cocoa powder
50g almond flour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (170°C fan oven) and butter a medium sized baking dish.
2. Gently melt the butter and chocolate together in a pan and remove from the heat to cool.
3. In a bowl stir together the inulin, cocoa powder, almond flour and salt.
4. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk on high until pale and fluffy.
5. Continue to whisk on low and gradually add the cooled butter and chocolate mixture.
6. Add the combined dry ingredients gradually – continuing to beat until thoroughly mixed.
7. Pour in the cream and vanilla and whisk on high for 1 minute.
8. Take a metal baking pan and pour in 150ml boiling water, place the prepared baking dish in the water.
9. Pour the cake batter into the baking dish and bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes.
10. Serve hot out the oven. Great with this Chocolate Fudge Sauce!