200g Low Carb Sedani Pasta500g mince 1 can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 medium onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp oregano
2 tbsp olive oil
100g cheddar cheese, grated
Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional extras (will affect calories and carbs)
50g celery, chopped
50g cherry tomatoes, chopped
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1. Heat a pot over a medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
2. Add in the chopped onion and garlic (and celery if using.) Sautee for a few minutes until they start to soften and brown. Remove from the pot and set to one side.
3. Add the other tbsp of olive oil to the empty pot and add the mince. Continually stir the mince until browned.
4. Drain any liquid from the pot leaving just the mince. Add the onion and garlic back to the pot and stir.
5. Next add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. (You should also add the chilli flakes and cherry tomatoes at this stage if using.)
6. Heat for a few minutes until the ingredients are combined and the sauce is warm.
7. Transfer to an oven safe dish and top with grated cheese.
8. Place in preheated grill and cook for around 10 – 15 minutes until the cheese starts to brown and crisp.
9. Remove from the oven and serve.
A green side salad is a great option to serve with this (this will affect the nutrition of the overall meal.)
If adding the optional extras please add;
Tomatoes – +8 calories, +0.7g carbs
Celery – +2 calories, +0.4g carbs
Chilli Flakes – +2 calories, +0.2g carbs