9 eggs (medium)
300g dark chocolate (minimum 72%)
150g inulin powder
70g cocoa powder
30ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 140°C.
2. Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over hot water (bain-marie) then stir through the double cream
3. Whilst the chocolate is melting separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two bowls
4. Whip the whites to form soft peaks
5. Combine the egg yolks with the inulin very gently (do not mix)
6. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg yolks then sift in the cocoa powder and add the vanilla and combine together
7. Fold in the egg whites
8. Pour into a large round spring form cake tin (buttered if non-stick or lined if not) and place in the oven for 40 minutes
9. Remove and allow to cool so the cake comes away from the sides of the tin slightly
10. Serve with berries and a dollop of cream!