3 large eggs
15g cocoa powder
36g coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
70g dark chocolate (80% or above)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C for fan assisted).
2. Grease and line an 8″ x 11″ baking tin.
3. Separate the eggs and whisk the whites until stiff.
4. Whisk the yolks then sieve in cocoa powder, coconut flour and baking powder.
5. Gently and gradually fold in the egg whites.
6. Very slowly add small amounts of inulin and mix in gently.
7. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and smooth over.
8. Cook for around 18 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
10. Whilst the sponge is cooling, place the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave bowl and heat in the microwave until melted, stirring regularly.
11. Pour evenly over the sponge.
12. Place in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set before devouring with lots of whipped double cream and berries!